App works fine except when using IE

Jun 29, 2007 at 2:47 AM
I created an app on my desktop system that works fine using any browser. I use http://localhost/ as my callbackurl from Facebook. When I copy the app up to a public server, and change my callback url to point to the public server, my app does not work correctly using Internet Explorer version 6 or 7. The failure, described below, happens 95% of the time.

The default page always displays when the app is first called. However, when I click on any link on that page, the app will not show the page defined in the link. A call is made to the server, but the app does not return the requested page and continues to return the default page. Again, this only happens with IE 6 or 7. If I use Firefox or Netscape, the app works just fine, 100% of the time. And, again, the app works as it should if the app is on my desktop system, regardless of what browser I use.

I made a barebones version of the app that can be called from The page uses the code from the default.aspx.vb FacebookWebExample provided with the version 1.1 download. The app has a default page with 3 links on it. The links are self-explanatory.

Any help in resolving this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Jun 29, 2007 at 3:04 AM
That web example is not intended to work within a facebook canvas page. That is meant for stand alone web applications.

For canvas apps, we just added some support. It is early, but look in the latest code at ASPNETPlatformSamples. Then look at the CanvasBasePage for your canvas type (IFrame or FBML)
Jun 29, 2007 at 4:42 AM
Thank you for your prompt response. I'll download it now...
Jun 29, 2007 at 7:10 AM
Is there an updated dll for use with the ASPNETPlatformSamples? I'm getting the 'Not Defined' error message for CanvasIFrameBasePage. I'm using v 1.1 dated 6/14. Please advise...
Jun 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Sorry. You have to get the code from the source repository. I plan to post binaries and doc under a planned version 1.2 later today. But, for now the updates are only available in the source. If you have trouble getting the binaries from the source, let me know. I can create the release 1.2 place holder and get the binaries available.

Otherwise, they will be available this afternoon.
Jun 29, 2007 at 2:25 PM
OK... I'll look forward to version 1.2 binaries later today...