sendNotification error?

Jun 29, 2007 at 5:30 PM
i'm getting: Invalid parameter
when i call sendnotification

_fbService.SendNotification(strMessage, myFriend.UserId, True)
the message is just a simple: Hello test
right now.
and the UserId is correct.

what other parms is there?
This was working once or twice before but now just doesnt.
I also had a string of userids , but to debug, i'm only using one id to see what's going on.

Jun 30, 2007 at 11:56 PM
anyone? HELP?
i traced the call and the XML comes back invalid parms

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<error_response xmlns="" xmlns:xsi="" xsi:schemaLocation="">
<errormsg>Invalid parameter</errormsg>
<request_args list="true">
Jul 1, 2007 at 12:45 AM
I am actually having the same problem. It was working (somewhat) before but now I am getting absolutely nothing back. I think it may have something to do with the updated notifications API. If you find a solution, please let me know as well
Jul 1, 2007 at 10:36 PM
Could this be related ? .....

Last chance to update to new notifications API
Jun 26, 2007 2:01pm

We will be disabling the old version of notifications.send tonight. Please be sure you have updated your PHP client and that you are using the new version of the API (see documentation). Note that it prepends the sender's name to the beginning of the notification, so be sure to form your sentences taking that into account.

Also, we will be significantly tightening up the spam tracking on notifications. If your application's notifications get marked as spam too often, users who have not added your app will not be able to recieve your notifications. In general, apps that use notifications to say things like "John has added . You should check it out too!" are all at risk for being blocked. You should be using notifications to inform the recipient about something that happened specifically to them (e.g. "John tagged you in a photo."), and not as an attempt to merely spread invites, which only serves annoys users and will get your application blocked.

If your application is marked as spam, please contact

Jul 2, 2007 at 1:41 PM
It must be. I will take a look today and update our call.

I am adding this to the issue list.
Jul 2, 2007 at 9:13 PM
I updated the call to use the updated api. The interface is slightly changed. Now takes email FBML instead of email bool.

I tested it out and it is working for me. Included in Release 1.2 build posted today.
Jul 3, 2007 at 9:24 PM
hey i got the lastest souce and built but dont' see the change in: SendNotification
i notice the the user is now under Entity.User
but SendNotification has not chaged?
Is there a 1.2 binary post somewhere? all i see is the source

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:29 PM
There is a under release 1.2.

The new interface for SendNotification is:
public string SendNotification(string markup, string toList, string email) {

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:18 PM
Awesome work man! Thanks alot.
For the send notication, email, how do you get a Title in the email ?
Jul 4, 2007 at 4:39 AM
looks like i found the answer:

The notification and email parameters are a very stripped-down set of FBML which allows only tags that result in just text and links, and in the email, linebreaks. There is one additional tag supported within the email parameter - use fb:notif-subject around the subject of the email.