facebook.feed.publishActionOfUser

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:54 PM
I am trying to use the C# equivalent of the facebook call "facebook.feed.publishActionOfUser", but I can't figure out how to use it. The C# version just asks for an image key and a URL. It looks like the key needs to be in the format image1, image2... etc and the URL is supposed to point to an image file somewhere I assume? I haven't been able to get this to work though, and what about the image1link field in the Facebook API? Is this set a different way in C#?

Thanks,
Jon
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2007 at 4:20 PM
The syntax is something list this.

Dictionary<string, Uri> images = new Dictionary<string, Uri>();
images.Add("image_1", new Uri("http://facebook.claritycon.com/CarmenWithCarter.jpg"));
this.FBService.PublishAction("Birth Announcements2", "Birth Announcement Sent2", images);

We currently don't have support for image1link. But, have an open issue for correcting that.

Also, right now in both PublishStory and PublishAction if you put in an image link you always get the error invalid photo link. I am looking to why that is. But, I did find an open bug on facebook's side about this issue. On the Bugs/Omissions page.

So, right now it seems that we don't have good support for publishing images. But, I am working on it to try to have it fixed if possible.

Jul 3, 2007 at 5:31 PM
Ok - thanks for the update. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy when it wasn't working. I'll be patient and wait for the next release. Thanks for this API and keep up the great work! :)

Jon
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2007 at 9:40 PM
In today's build the PublishStory and PublishAction work with images. The caveat is that you must specify both the imageLocation and imageLink. It is not intuitive but currently you can't not leave the image link property empty.
Jul 5, 2007 at 2:51 PM
1 other thing, I occasionally get a "story body too long" exception. I haven't been able to find out what the maximum length for the body is though. Here is a link to the official Facebook doc:
http://developers.facebook.com/documentation.php?v=1.0&method=feed.publishActionOfUser

No mention of maximum length - does anyone know what it is?

Thanks,
Jon
Jul 6, 2007 at 7:03 AM
looks like it said it in your link:

The body is optional, is limited to 200 displaye characters (excluding tags), and can include the tags fb:userlink, fb:name, a, b, and i.

My question is how many news feeds can you publish in a day?

I'm getting this error: Feed publication request limit reached

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Sorry, I must have been blind, I see it now. As for your error, it is this this doc as well. "Applications are limited to calling this function ten (10) times for each user in a rolling 48-hour window."

Thanks,
Jon