Beginner ?: Control cannot be created...

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:21 PM
I added the *.dll references to my project and added the FDK tools in my toolbox...but if I drag something like "FriendList", "UserProfile", or "Photo Album", I'm getting an error: Control cannot be created because Visual Studio cannot find the control's type in the control assembly. Does anyone know what this means? I googled for an answer and it seems very vague. Anyone know how to resolve this?
Jul 9, 2007 at 9:07 PM
How did you add the controls to the toolbox? My guess is that the toolbox controls are not pointed correctly at the .dll you are referencing.

Try right-clicking in the toolbox and saying "Choose Items..." Then navigating to the referenced assembly.
Jul 11, 2007 at 6:20 PM
I'm having the same problem. I did right-click in the tool box and went to choose items. I then picked the webcontrols. Any other ideas?
Jul 11, 2007 at 8:21 PM
Let me clarify my problem...

If I create a new website, I have no problem dragging a friendList or any other component over into my design view. The problem comes when I try to do it on an existing website. The controls have been added to the toolbox the same way, yet I'm still having a problem.
Jul 11, 2007 at 8:59 PM
I'm having the problem even when creating a new website :( I also right clicked the toolbox to "Choose Items"
Jul 12, 2007 at 12:27 AM
I resolved my issue. My .NET 2.0 was corrupt so I just reinstalled it. Try that and see if it works