NavigateUrl within FB Frame

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Hi

When I set my navigateurl for a link ~/Settings.aspx it works fine with the app outside of the Facebook frame but when it's within the frame it keeps routing me back to my original Default.aspx page or probably my callback url.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

thanks

Jo
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2007 at 10:15 PM
For IFrame canvas,

I use relative links like <a href="default2.aspx">Default 2 Link</a><br />

The ~ could be your issue. Because you need to make sure that it stays in the frame. I haven't tried the ~.

The other thing is that you need to make sure that you are keeping the facebook session context from one page to the other. If you are using the CanvasIFrameBasePage, it should handle this for you using Sessions (or optionally Cookies). But, you need to make sure to set the api and secret in each page.

My IFrame\Default.aspx in ASPNETPlatformSamples has a couple links to other canvas pages.

The problem is probably that you aren't recognizing the facebook session, so redirecting back to login, which redirects back to your callback url.
Jul 11, 2007 at 8:52 AM
it was self inflicted! using the CanvasIFrameBasePage sorts it but I really need a version of CanvasIFrameBasePage that is derived from MasterPage.

Thanks for the help.
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2007 at 2:28 PM
Good Call. I will add an issue for creating MasterPage versions of the BasePages.