using FBML

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:23 AM
Hi all,
I'm trying to build a canvas app with FBML but on the asp page if i put an opening line to make use of the .cs page it doesn't work. Is that normal?
And if so, does that mean all the stuff you guys talk about assumes you have the canvas page set to 'iFrame'?
Sorry, I'm still new.
Thanks,
Kane
Jul 29, 2007 at 5:05 PM
Not quite sure I understand what you mean....

If you set your application to IFrame the users browser will show your HTML via a standard HTML IFrame, if you use FBML Facebook will load your page and render the HTML from the FBML.

I would suggest not using FBML on the canvas page and using standard HTML via the IFrame, probably best the develop your application as a standard web site and when your happy refactor in all the Facebook Toolkit...

does that help?

Dave.
Jul 30, 2007 at 3:37 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Thanks, helps a little. I guess I'm a bit further along now and so I would appreciate further pointers on the following if possible...
I have setup a nice FBML canvas page that has some pics in it. I want the user to be able to select a pic and then for me to post it on their profile in the narrow area but first to show a confirmation page within the canvas that shows the pic with a message. So i use a form tag and the appropriate id shows up in the address bar when i hit the submit and use 'get' (with itself as the action page just for now). But then how do i make use of this information, either in 'post' or 'get' to go the next step?? I don't want to leave the facebook canvas and i like the app being in fbml.
I've been digging around on tutorials but obviously they don't really talk about acting within a canvas page.
Any advice...?
Many thanks,
Kane

DaveUK wrote:
Not quite sure I understand what you mean....

If you set your application to IFrame the users browser will show your HTML via a standard HTML IFrame, if you use FBML Facebook will load your page and render the HTML from the FBML.

I would suggest not using FBML on the canvas page and using standard HTML via the IFrame, probably best the develop your application as a standard web site and when your happy refactor in all the Facebook Toolkit...

does that help?

Dave.