Dynamic Profile?

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Firstly thanks for providing this framework!

I have successfully written my first app, but would like more dynamic control over the user profile - it all seems a bit static.

Has anyone got any options on the best ways to provide more dynamic control, I can see a few options but they all involve the user or a friend of the user with the same application having to do something to 'push' new FBML......

Any thoughts?

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:00 PM
I have been browsing the facebook forums as well as the codeplex forums recently in an attempt to find any more information that will allow my application to make modifications to the logged in users profile page. However, thus far I have yet to find any function within the API that will allow you to edit content outside of the applications designated iframe.

I will keep you posted if I find anything yet, but I am starting to get the feeling that facebook does not wish to support this type of functionality...
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:27 AM
What type of dynamic content are you looking to do. If you give me a more specific idea, I might have some thoughts that could help you.
Aug 7, 2007 at 8:05 PM

I run girlband.org, and my first app is to show a users top 5 artists on their profile page - with an image of each of the 5 artists.

However, the 'default' image changes on my site every four hours and I would have liked it to reflect that on the Facebook profile page - I don't think that is possible though and guess I'll have to have an update profile link to achieve this?

Am I right? or is there another way?

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:35 AM
If you store the facebook user ids of your users. You can have a batch job on your server that logs into facebook (as you) and recursively calls SetFBML for each of your users. SetFBML allows you to pass in a user id that is different than the one for the logged in user.