problem with code

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:23 AM
I'm trying to make a simple example app right now where I have a text box and a button and when you press the button it puts what you wrote in the text box in your profile. This is what I have so far...

Partial Public Class _Default
Inherits CanvasFBMLBasePage

Private Const FACEBOOKAPIKEY As String = "3d306ee5b60cd77e8c3e1becb6675b7a"
Private Const FACEBOOK_SECRET As String = "b7ab3bb6869787caefc02a107699f4d3"

Protected Shadows Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
MyBase.Page_Load(sender, e)

If (Not IsPostBack) Then
Dim u As Facebook.Entity.User = Me.FBService.GetUserInfo()
End If
End Sub

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim org As String
org = TextBox1.Text
Me.FBService.SetFBML("Hello this is a test. The name of your input is " + org + "")
End Sub
End Class

I'm a little confused on how this supposed to initially run. I added this app to my profile and when I click on it nothing happens. It just brings up a default facebook page that talks about my app. What am I missing?
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:02 AM
What are you clicking on?
Aug 7, 2007 at 2:26 PM
Well, just the link to my app I guess. I don't know how to make the app actually run. My app is hosted at If I go to that link, i can see it. But I never get there from facebook. Somehow though, it posted "hello" in a smartraise (the name of my app) box on my profile. So I'm confused.
Sep 12, 2007 at 3:33 AM
You should be able to click the link to your app from the application list on the left nav. Also, you should be able to directly enter the page to access within facebook.