Keep Getting Error 405

Sep 1, 2007 at 8:05 PM
I get the following error when I try to set up the facebook sample application:

"Received HTTP error code 405 while loading http://**************/facebook/index.php

There are still a few kinks Facebook and the makers of are trying to iron out. We appreciate your patience as we try to fix these issues. Your problem has been logged - if it persists, please come back in a few days. Thanks!"

Has anyone else had this problem? I saw a similar post, but it turned out to be a problem with IIS. I am not using IIS....

Thanks
Sep 4, 2007 at 12:06 PM
This error turned up for us because we were trying to POST to a default url i.e. /ourapp/ without specifying the default filename (e.g. default.aspx). Which caused the error you state above. Our fix was to use URL re-writing to direct the request to the page we wanted to call.
Oct 23, 2007 at 2:57 PM
Duncan,

Can you elaborate on what you describe above? How did you set up "URL re-writing"? I'm running into this same problem and I'm trying everything to work around it - but short of upgrading to Windows Server 2003 (which isn't an option) I don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Will
Oct 23, 2007 at 3:10 PM
UPDATE: I was able to workaround this issue by setting my nav bar URL to hit my default.aspx file directly and removing the filename from my callback URL. Thanks everyone for the help.