how can i embed my application in facebook

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:45 PM
i make an applicaiton and its running well outside facebook but in facebook it redirect to the first page only plz help i need to know the sol. badly
Sep 6, 2007 at 3:52 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem. Try Firefox browser and it would work. Also in IE 6/7 it sometimes work but mostly it doesn't. I think its a facebook issue sice the facebook service dll does not seem to be compatible at times.

Can someone please reply?
My app has been submitted and its aproval is pending. No matter what link I click from first page, the first page keeps reloading (only in IE).

Thanks
Sara
Sep 6, 2007 at 4:01 PM
I am using iFrame. Also I used VisualStudio 2005, SQL 2005. Are you using iFrame or FBL option? Also for me it runs well outside Facebook. I first thought it could be a DNS or IIS setting issue since I keep getting redirected to first page. But since it worked in Firefox I dont think its a DNS or IIS setting issue anymore.

thanks
Sara
Sep 6, 2007 at 4:24 PM
thanks sara i tried firefox and it works and im using iframe couse when using fbl option it dont accept to open,
i need another something why my project running under facebook in the same url but all app. dont.
and the frist prob. is still in heat case i think all my users ll be using ie
thanks for help
Sep 6, 2007 at 5:19 PM
xkhaloda

You are right! There would be many IE users and its important that the App works always on IE. I really need this working since I'm under pressure.....

Even in IE it works at times which is the weird thing. I'm using Sessions only to store Facebook session info. If we use cookies, I know at times the cookies could not get deleted(but only edited). In my previous experience I hato edit a cookie to null while signing out due to this issue.

Thanks
Sara
Sep 6, 2007 at 5:22 PM
xkhaloda,

A help from you! Is there a way to resize the iFrame size? My page content is bigger than the default Frame size that came with facebook. So my App looks sort of ugly with horizontal and vertical scroll bars. If you know a way to resize this iFrame size, it would be a big help. I have no time now to do too much research on this resizing thing.....

Thanks
Sara
Sep 6, 2007 at 5:28 PM
plz tell me whenever u get a sol. i need it badly plz do u ve a sol. for

redirect to link in the facebook it redirect in the same iframe
altough its a facebook link (i.e. profile page)

why all my pages under the same url

thanks for help sara

khaled
Sep 6, 2007 at 11:04 PM
This would be fixed by adding code in your global.asax to modify client browser security settings. The IE clients are rejecting cookies dropped thru. login page if the security setting is Medium or higher.

thanks
Sara
Sep 7, 2007 at 3:51 AM
hi,
I have a different issue now related to this. Now my cookie/session info is never getting cleared. I logged in as user A and I did some things and I see my friendlist etc., I log out. Then I log in as user B(without closing the browser). I still see only user A's info(such as user A's friends) etc.,

I need to find a way to delete this cookie. I added code in ApplicationBeginrequest to fix the earlier issue. Now do I need to put any code in ApplicationEndRequest?

thanks
Sara
Sep 7, 2007 at 5:07 PM
how can i handle the IE prob. wt code should i add in global.asax
i found myself solving it but not the way it should solve ,it must handle from the code.
can u tell me about the code
Oct 9, 2007 at 10:52 AM

sara wrote:
I am using iFrame. Also I used VisualStudio 2005, SQL 2005. Are you using iFrame or FBL option? Also for me it runs well outside Facebook. I first thought it could be a DNS or IIS setting issue since I keep getting redirected to first page. But since it worked in Firefox I dont think its a DNS or IIS setting issue anymore.

thanks
Sara

HI Sara,

I can't understand this issue.I have same broblem.My content is outside the facebook too.Can you explane your issue for this problem.
Oct 11, 2007 at 8:39 PM
hi all,

i am having same issue. my application run well with in facebook if run it from my local box, but when i uploaded to my hosting site it start redirecting to first page or canvas page. my application work on firefox, mac and not on IE. on IE it work sometime.

i done some debuging and found that IE is loosing session thus redirect to login page and since you are already loged in facebook redirect you with auth key.

Thanks,