GetFriendsNonAppUsers...timeout?

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:03 PM
I've been getting reports of errors from some of my users that my "invite page" never works for them. I have been unable to reproduce the problem. However, I did notice that at least 2 of the users that were reporting this had 200+ friends. Has anyone else experienced timeout problems with this call as a result of too many friends? If so, could a version of this call be created that will allow for paging (i.e. 20 rows at a time)?
Oct 16, 2007 at 2:46 PM
I am not sure if you have already discovered the solution to this yet or not, but I ran into the same issue. I ended up going into the code for the API calls and making a new method that would return only the ID's of the non app users. What was happening is that it was getting the id's from a FQL call, then it was making an individual call for EACH id. So, if a person had 20-50 friends, not a big deal, but for people who have several hundred friends, the toolkit was making several hundred API calls to Facebook.

Understandable that it would time out. Especially since Facebook only gives a page ~12 seconds to respond.