Planning New Release (v. 1.3) - For real this time!

Developer
Oct 30, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2007 at 11:44 PM
Hey, everyone. If you haven't heard, I'm planning on putting out a new release of the toolkit soon, hopefully within the next week or so. It's got a lot of changes in it, including:
  • Lots of bug fixes
  • Support for .NET Compact Framework
  • Size on photo album
  • Master page versions of Canvas Base pages
  • Support for new request/invitation interface with multifriendselector - *** INTERFACE CHANGE ***
  • Big/small pictures on group
  • Upload Photo returns a photo id and album id
  • Support for PublishTemplatizedAction

And changes made back in July, but were never officially released:
  • Added GetFBML
  • Added size to Album
  • Added RefreshRefHandle
  • Added RefreshImgSrc
  • Added SetRefHandle
  • Fixed GetEventsXML
  • Fixed DateToDouble
  • Added Session Timeout handling to IFrame base page.

I've posted the new binaries at https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=FacebookToolkit&ReleaseId=5645, which includes the standard Facebook dll, desktop controls, web controls, and the new Compact Framework support, as well as the desktop sample (just rebuilt with the new dlls). There are some other samples and things which aren't included in this package as well, so you can check them out in the source control (Source Code tab at the top of the page).

Check out the new version and let me know what you think, especially if you find any bugs. New features will probably have to wait for now, since it's already been far too long since a new version was released, but I'd like to get this thing relatively bug-free before release. Enjoy, and with any luck the new release will be out soon!
Oct 31, 2007 at 1:20 AM
Great news! I look forward to it. :)
Developer
Nov 5, 2007 at 3:09 PM
Just wanted to post again to move this thread back to the top of the discussion lists and remind everyone to check out the planned release and let us know if you have problems with it. If everything goes well, it should be coming out this week!
Nov 5, 2007 at 4:15 PM
thanks for update.

what are the files i need to include if i am doing only web applications. i think i only need to include facebook.dll and fecebook.webcontrols.dll, let me know if i need to include other dll.

thanks again.
Developer
Nov 5, 2007 at 4:22 PM
Should just be those two. The other controls file is just for desktop apps.
Nov 6, 2007 at 2:57 PM
sorry jschuster...I just sent you a message on here without seeing this thread.

we'll have a wheel through these and see where things are at.