Where can i use the fbml intellisense in the 1.5 ver

Nov 23, 2007 at 1:32 PM
could anyone post some samples?
Nov 25, 2007 at 11:54 AM
Edited Nov 25, 2007 at 11:54 AM
Looking for the same information. Can't find anything in the documentation, or when it should be appearing... Suggestions?
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:28 AM
Sorry- This was a last minute addition that I received from a friend at Microsoft. I will get the details on making it work and post it here. Should have it tomorrow.
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:33 PM
Instructions to get FBML Intellisense working in VS.Net and VWDExpress 2008:

If you've installed the 1.5 MSI, then you should follow these steps:

1. In VS.Net create a new web site project.
2. Select File->New File. From the dialog, look under "My Templates" and select "fbml".
3. This creates a new file with some fbml markup. Start typing (e.g. type an open bracket "<") and you will see type ahead. If not, try the manual steps below.

Manual steps - use these if you did not install the MSI.

1. Download the Sources.zip files with the 1.5 release.
2. In the zip file, you'll see a Templates folder with an Item Templates subfolder.
3. Find the two fbml item template zip files: fbml_cs.zip and fbml_vb.zip.
4. Copy these (do not unzip them) to the directory where your templates are kept. Note: this location is configurable in VS.Net, but by default for the RTM release it is at <My Documents>\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ItemTemplates.
5. Find the folder called Schemas in the Templates folder from step 2. Inside that folder is a file called fbml.xsd.
6. Copy fbml.xsd to <Program Files>\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Xml\Schemas

Once you do this, you can use steps 1-3 at the top of this post to use the type ahead in fbml files.

Try these steps and report back if you still have problems.

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Does this work for Visual Studio 2005? Can't quite seem to get it functional.
Nov 29, 2007 at 3:08 PM
I tried it out, It works fine for intellisence with the element names however, it doesn't seem to be able to resolve the attributes, all i get is xs:..... Is this the expected behavior?
Dec 4, 2007 at 8:37 PM
Is there any way to get it work without creating a new site? I have installed 1.5msi and added references to the facebook.dll and webcontrols.dll in my existing site but intellisense still isn't working.