RequiredPermissions in CanvasIFrameMasterPage doesn't work

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM

RequiredPermissions = new System.Collections.Generic.List<Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions>();

RequiredPermissions.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.email);
            RequiredPermissions.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.offline_access);
            RequireLogin = true;

Hi all,

I would like to require my users to allow me offline and email access. I am using the following code, but it does nothing.

RequiredPermissions = new System.Collections.Generic.List<Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions>();

RequiredPermissions.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.email);

RequiredPermissions.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.offline_access);

RequireLogin = true;

Any ideas?

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Edited Jun 22, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Hi vondiplo,

Create a permission list and then assign it to the RequiredPermission as follows:

List<Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions> permissionList = new List<Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions>();
permissionList.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.publish_stream);
permissionList.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.email);
this.Master.RequiredPermissions = permissionList;

and place this code in the constructor of the master page. It should work then.

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Tejaswi,

What do you do with this RequiredPermissions on the Master page?  do you assign it to the session somehow?

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:28 AM
tejaswi wrote:

Hi vondiplo,

Create a permission list and then assign it to the RequiredPermission as follows:

List<Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions> permissionList = new List<Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions>();
permissionList.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.publish_stream);
permissionList.Add(Facebook.Schema.Enums.ExtendedPermissions.email);
this.Master.RequiredPermissions = permissionList;

and place this code in the constructor of the master page. It should work then.

Hi,

I have used your code to get extended permissions. I am getting 100 exception.

Thanks..