Standard Procedure for Validating Cached Session?

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Hello.  I've noticed that my implementation of the toolkit isn't fully validating the cache sessionkey.  What I mean is, I can play my game in two tabs on my browsers.  Then log out of facebook on one end...and on the other end, I can still play my game.  This later becomes an Issue.  I was wondering if anyone else has this issue, and if so, what are the standard procedures for handling this.  I was thinking about just calling a facebook method that requires a valid session key.  Doing a try/catch around it, and then completely refresh the canvas if i error out of this call.  

Anyone?

I am also wondering if you can check for a valid session key with XBML or FB.Connect calls?  Any insights on the client side checks are really appreciated too.

Thanks,

stringa

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:00 AM
Edited Mar 25, 2010 at 6:02 AM

well, i think the post below http://facebooktoolkit.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=207060 solves my server-side problem.  I'm gonna try it tomorrow mourning.

Anyone have any idea for client side checks?  I'm asking because a user could click some JS FB.Connect functions and still be required to login.  Should I just be doing the same check clientside?  Is there a easy known method?