"Could not deserialize data returned from server"

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Hi!!

Today i rcived this error message from this method: Api.Friends.GetUserObjects()

What happen!?!?

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Facebook API changes ... here is the fix

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM

All ok!! Thanks!!

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Can you please include an updated version of Facebook.Silverlight.dll in the fix?

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:53 PM

are the binaries with the fix available now?, or we have to manually change the source code and recompile... if there are, please would you tell me where are they?

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:57 PM

ok I fpund the binaries :)

Apr 2, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Why the XML parsing is so breakable? I would expect more resilient to changes. It is acceptable that part of the information will not be parsed (e.g. the hs_info in this example), but the fact that the entire set of friends are not retrieved with this SDK is a real problem.

In addition to this problem that was resolved with the latest fixes, I get the same error when I use the API call

Message.GetThreadsInFolder I get an error: "Could not deserialize data returned from server"

I studied the response XML form Facebook and found out that the problem is in an empty message body

So here again, under extreme cases, the XML parsing causes failures in reading the entire mailbox of a user.