'User' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Facebook.Entity'.

Jan 25, 2008 at 5:33 AM
I'm trying to run the samples in the documentation for an Iframe page in asp.net VB. But I cant seam to get past this error, and cant find any refrences to it anywhere, any ideas?

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'User' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Facebook.Entity'.

Source Error:

Line 14: If (Not IsPostBack) Then
Line 15: Dim u As Facebook.Entity.User = Me.FBService.GetUserInfo()
Line 16: Dim f As System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection(Of Facebook.Entity.User) = Me.FBService.GetFriends()
Line 17: End If
Line 18: End Sub

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:05 PM
I'm starting to find many more, is ambiguous in namespace, errors. i've tried running the exact iframe samples and get

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'FacebookService' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Facebook.Components'.

Source Error:

Line 16: Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
Line 17: Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Line 18: Dim fbServices As FacebookService = (CType(Me.Master, CanvasIFrameMasterPage)).FBService
Line 19: lblUser.Text = fbServices.GetUserInfo().Name
Line 20: Dim numGroups As Integer = fbServices.GetGroups().Count

This is all extreamly anoying, and I would love to know how to get around it.
Jan 26, 2008 at 8:19 PM
I've went back to version 1.3 of this tool kit, and I'm not longer getting the abiguous errors.
So what went wrong? 1.5 and 1.6 dont work
Jul 8, 2008 at 8:31 AM
I'm using the 1.7 toolkit and get the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

When I look at the object browser and search for FacebookService it has 2 entries for FacebookService class. I assume thats why it's ambigous.
Jul 16, 2008 at 8:02 AM
I finally worked it out!

Make sure you only have references to the dll's you need for your project. E.g. for a web project all you need is Facebook.dll and Facebook.WebControls.dll