Graph API update

Coordinator
May 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM
We have been working on proper support for the graph api. The calls themselves are straightforward, and the code is done. The part that is causing the problem is the authentication. Specifically, I am having trouble with the new oAuth interface in both WPF and in Windows Phone 7. When facebook posts back to my redirect url with the access_token in the url fragment. The Browser control in each of those platforms is stripping out on the fragment which is the critical piece. I will checkin what I have sometime later today. But, I can't put a release together until I solve this. Has anyone seen this or have any idea what we might try as a workaround?
May 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Thank you so much for the graph api updates, looking forward to trying it out.

Not so sure about the oauth thing, but there are discussions on the facebook developer forum (just its hard to sort out from all the junk posts). Is this any use? http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?pid=228774

May 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I think you are on shakey ground right now.  I've been having trouble with authorization, particularly with the post auth redirect uri, on code that works fine in another app.  Check thier Bugzilla for several reports -- 10542, 9880, &10332 to name a few.  It looks like they may have broken something when they added OAuth.

May 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM
@rpowers119 I see you have checked in some updates that include the Graph API, what would you say the status of the functionality is for that?
Coordinator
May 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Well.  the apis should be working.  Still working through the auth changes.  The BrowserSession (which is used for connect and silverlight) and desktopsession for winform will work.  The browsersession requires a new js file that is in the silverlight sample project.

I still need to work through the CanvasSession changes and the wpf and windowsphone changes.

jimzim is working with my changes and will provide feedback.  I am open to any feedback/suggestions.  I am probably a few days away from posting it as a release.

If you want to see how to call the synch version of the graph api look at the winform sample.  I have examples of just about all the calls.

May 27, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Appreciate the flurry of work going into the toolkit over the last month.

@rpowers119 can you take a look at my post here http://facebooktoolkit.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=213954 and let me know if the issues I am seeing are likely related to the pending changes/fixes for the CanvasSession that you are working on?

May 28, 2010 at 1:24 AM

@rpowers119 thanks for your work, I will try this ASAP. Btw, I saw in fblogin_graph.js that you do nothing when the user cancels login (function facebook_onlogin if session is null). Please add a callback to the BrowserSession to notify this: in my case, my Silverlight app displays a BusyIndicator until the login popup is closed, and if the user cancels it the BusyIndicator won't disappear - which is bad. I suppose I could inherit from BrowserSession and add it for my app, but I would prefer avoid it if possible.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Which release would the Graph API be in? You posted that you were working on it in May, but the last release was in April? Thanks!

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM

It isn’t in a release yet.  We are waiting for a fix from MS to fix a problem with the browser control and OAuth support.  When we have it we will put the release together.  The graph api code is in source control.  But, we couldn’t finish the release due to this problem.

It is in progress.  And MS is planning to provided us a fix.

Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:27 PM
To: Ryan Powers
Subject: Re: Graph API update [FacebookToolkit:213817]

Which release would the Graph API be in? You posted that you were working on it in May, but the last release was in April? Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 17, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Hi Ryan,

You mentioned that the latest code has changes for the Graph API.  If that is the case, can you put some examples of how to use it with a regular ASP.NET application?

Thanks.