I have had a quick look through results of a few searches around authorising a desktop application but I didn't see one that related exactly to my problem, so I apologise if this has already been answered somewhere.
I have run into a problem where authenticating with the facebook servers from a desktop app at the url:
fails to initialise an access_token successfully. I encountered it initially when playing with the source of an older version of this toolkit, and then again when I tried creating a basic api to meet my requirements from scratch, and now, still, again in
the latest changeset for this toolkit.
So, the redirect works as expected, however the WebBrowser object is unable to access the access_token as anything after the '#' in the url is not passed into it. The form successfully captures the fact that the url begins with connect/login_success.html
but then the session can not be initialised from that. Of course, using the old api url works happy as larry, but that generates a session rather than the new OAuth key.
I have tried some basic attempts at getting what I need using an http request from within the desktop app, but I am not sure how to handle redirects from that. I will keep playing, but if someone here has found a solution, my ears are open!=