New SKDs Throw an Exception

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Am using the 3.1 beta and have been able to complete three of the four migrations that Facebook has asked developers to make before June 30, 2010 – all without having to change any of my code.  Good news!

But, when I make the migration to the New SKDs, then my app throws an exception.

I really don’t understand what I need to do to make this specific migration work.  Anyone have some working code that they are willing to share?

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

LuoLong

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Anyone have success with their code and the New SKDs?  June 30 is rapidly approaching!

LuoLong

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM

First for clarity, they are the "new SDKs" not "new SKDs".  SDK is an acronym for Software Development Kit.  :)

Second, where did you get the idea that there is a June 30 deadline for checking the "New SDKs" checkbox on the application settings migration tab?  The only June 30 deadline I am aware of is adopting the "New data permissions", which the latest source of this toolkit already supports.

Third, my experience is the same as yours that the FDT does not work with "New SDKs" enabled.  So I leave them disabled.

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I believe patja is correct. The only forced changes on the 30th are the new permission changes. Details here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/upgrade#permissions

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:32 AM
patja wrote:

First for clarity, they are the "new SDKs" not "new SKDs".  SDK is an acronym for Software Development Kit.  :)

Second, where did you get the idea that there is a June 30 deadline for checking the "New SDKs" checkbox on the application settings migration tab?  The only June 30 deadline I am aware of is adopting the "New data permissions", which the latest source of this toolkit already supports.

Third, my experience is the same as yours that the FDT does not work with "New SDKs" enabled.  So I leave them disabled.

Patja-

Thank you for your response!  Right, "new SDKs" - sorry about the erroneous typing.  I got the idea about the June 30 deadline for checking the "new SDKs" from my experience in writing code for Facebook apps - whenever there is a Facebook deadline with a change of any sort, then my code stops working.  So, I just figured, prior to your post and the similar post from afuchs, that without checking the "new SDKs" by June 30 that all of my code will cease to function come July 1.  I hope that you are indeed correct!  Ah the thrill of coding for Facebook.

Regards,

LuoLong