Getting user email ID

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Hi,

I am building a web app. and trying to use the facebook login to register a user. I am getting most of the user info by calling Api.Users.GetInfo() but this does not give me the email of the user. I also referred to few other blogs and found that I need to get an extended permission but am not sure how to do that. Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks,

Amit

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:24 AM
hello..can u send me your mail address? (msn) i'm trying to develop facebook applications too..we can help each other?
Jun 30, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Sure we can, its amit_p_patel@hotmail.com

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:07 AM
i have already added you..waiting you :)
Jul 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Look at this link, its may help you.

http://blog.yoz.sk/2009/10/fb-connect-showpermissiondialog/

You cant get the mail, but you can send mails via facebook...

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM
meetamit wrote:

Hi,

I am building a web app. and trying to use the facebook login to register a user. I am getting most of the user info by calling Api.Users.GetInfo() but this does not give me the email of the user. I also referred to few other blogs and found that I need to get an extended permission but am not sure how to do that. Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks,

Amit

Hi meetamin,

code for getting emailID is

var Query = string.Format("SELECT email FROM user WHERE uid=" + fb.UserID.ToString());
                            string result = Api.Fql.Query(Query);
                            XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
                            doc.LoadXml(result);
                            string emailid = doc.GetElementsByTagName("email")[0].InnerText.ToString();

To set the email goto advanced tab there will be sms integration radiobutton. Just enable the radio button.

Thanks,

Ibrahim.

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM

İbrahimkan Merhaba, mail adresinizi verebilir misin acaba? yardım alabilmek için?

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:55 AM
mertaydin90 wrote:

İbrahimkan Merhaba, mail adresinizi verebilir misin acaba? yardım alabilmek için?

What is that Lamguage?? I am not able to understand. Please post the same in English

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM

i thought you are Turk! anyway i have a problem about stream.publish :S

i use facebook rest api but i couldn't send any post to fan page with pan page's name ..

i tried your code that api.stream.publish.... but it didn't work.

can you help me?

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:23 AM
mertaydin90 wrote:

i thought you are Turk! anyway i have a problem about stream.publish :S

i use facebook rest api but i couldn't send any post to fan page with pan page's name ..

i tried your code that api.stream.publish.... but it didn't work.

can you help me?

Hi,

use this link for giving access to your fanpage to post as fan to all users. Replace apikey and pageid with your apikey and page values
http://www.facebook.com/connect/prompt_permissions.php?api_key=apikey&v=1.0&next=http://www.facebook.com/connect/login_success.html?xxRESULTTOKENxx&display=popup&ext_perm=publish_stream&enable_profile_selector=1&profile_selector_ids=pageid

Once you give the permission you will get success message. Then try my code.

Thanks,

Ibrahim.