Socket Error

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Hi,

I am trying to authenticate user using FacebookToolkit. However, when u.user.getInfo() method is called then it is giving me error on the production server. Please can you advice how this issue can be resolved.

A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host 66.220.146.36:80 

[SocketException (0x2751): A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host 66.220.146.36:80]
   System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) +239
   System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) +35
   System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) +224

[WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) +1868309
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +13
   Facebook.Rest.RestBase.postRequest(String requestUrl, String postString, Boolean compressHttp) +170
   Facebook.Rest.RestBase.SendRequestSynchronous(IDictionary`2 parameterDictionary, Boolean useSession) +187
   Facebook.Rest.Users.GetInfo(String uids, Boolean isAsync, GetInfoCallback callback, Object state) +311
   Facebook.Rest.Users.GetInfo(Int64 uid) +41
   Facebook.Rest.Users.GetInfo() +15

It is working fine on my local setup. It looks more like a permission issue on the production server.

Cheers,

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM

did you resolved the issue. coz i am facing the same problem.