Number of invitations?

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:39 AM
Hello,

does anyone know how to get number of invitations that user sent through FBML <fb:multi-friend-selector>?
Mar 11, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2008 at 10:47 AM
an array of all the friends the users is inviting is set as a POST variable named ids, as per the documentation http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Fb:multi-friend-selector so to find the number you could get this array and find its size :)

i.e., on postback, do something like this:

string[] FriendsInvited = Request["ids"];
int NumFriendsInvited = FriendsInvited.Length;

please note though, this may return a comma seperated string rather than an actual array, so you may have to take that into account before you stick it in an array and find the length. I'm not sure...

i.e.
string[] FriendsInvited = Request["id"].Split(','); etc
Jun 10, 2008 at 8:24 PM
I know its kind of old topic but i still cant figure it out. I tried to do it your way Zeus but it doesnt work. Does anyone have any solution for this?

I cant get nothing in Request["ids"]

Zeus wrote:
an array of all the friends the users is inviting is set as a POST variable named ids, as per the documentation http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Fb:multi-friend-selector so to find the number you could get this array and find its size :)

i.e., on postback, do something like this:

string[] FriendsInvited = Request["ids"];
int NumFriendsInvited = FriendsInvited.Length;

please note though, this may return a comma seperated string rather than an actual array, so you may have to take that into account before you stick it in an array and find the length. I'm not sure...

i.e.
string[] FriendsInvited = Request["id"].Split(','); etc

Jun 12, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Ok i solved this so if anyone needs asistance with the same issue...
Jun 12, 2008 at 3:38 PM

amiserda wrote:
Ok i solved this so if anyone needs asistance with the same issue...

solutions to any problems are always good, so you should post how you got around the problem for anyone who has this problem in the future :)