Login, session and opera

May 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Edited May 21, 2008 at 3:05 PM
I have just switched from Facebook.NET to Facebook Developer Toolkit. But the problem with session and iframe is the same.
Though, it was not that bad before, as I could do without session. But with this framework, the login management seems to rely on session.

The simple example just doesn't work with Opera because of session. Someone has an alternative?

Also, I see that in the doc:
Before generating the login URL, the desktop application should call the facebook.auth.createToken API function, and then use the auth_token returned by that function here. Required for desktop apps.
And the demo code is:
Response.Redirect(@"http://www.facebook.com/login.php?api_key=" + _fbService.ApplicationKey + @"&v=1.0");
where no auth key is appended.

More generally, how to authenticate the user ? And the data given by the parameters ?

Old message: Session, iframe, cross domain and opera (also safari)
I am starting with my application, and it is really giving me headaches :). Everything working then not.. killing me

My last problem is with session. I want to store in the session a code. It is actually working with IE et FF. But I tried with Opera and Safari and it did not work. The session ID is changed on every postback. It is actually working when I am running it outside the iframe. But when it's inside not. I would say it comes maybe from security measures in Opera and Safari when you have cross domain iframe. Am I right ? What should I do ?
I tried cookies also, but it is not working, they are not held.

I am sure I am not the only one to use iframe here, nor the only one to want to use session with. So what is the turn around ?
So, thanks in advance!
Jul 3, 2008 at 3:36 AM
Any resolution for this?  Anyone that uses Safari on my IFrame app can basically do NOTHING....