Microsoft.Xml.Schema.Linq?

Aug 8, 2008 at 10:31 PM
.NET 3.5 is installed on my machine but it doesn't include Microsoft.Xml.Schema.Linq.dll (which is referenced by the Facebook Developer Toolkit facebook project)

I haven't been able to find any hits on google about where to find Microsoft.Xml.Schema.Linq and I'm seeing a lot of functionality in System.Xml.Linq.dll so I'm wondering if maybe the Microsoft.Xml.Schema.Linq namespace is left over from an early beta release of Linq?

-Don
Aug 9, 2008 at 6:41 PM
The dll is from Linq to XSD which is not (yet) part of the .Net framework. Get it here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/xmlteam/archive/2008/02/21/linq-to-xsd-alpha-0-2.aspx
Aug 12, 2008 at 12:36 AM
Hi,
I can't install this if I don't have Visual Studio 2008.

Is there any way to get this DLL while have a VS 2008 Express edition?
Aug 12, 2008 at 2:15 AM
I have VS2008 on my machine and I can't get it to install, either. 

As cool as LinqToXSD is, it's an early alpha of a product that Microsoft is not neccesarily going to ever release.  Is it really a good idea for the facebook developer's toolkit to be dependent on it?  I could see playing with it if I were working on a little hobby project, but the developer toolkit is obviously intended to be much more significant than that.

-Don
Aug 14, 2008 at 4:02 PM
I am experiencing the same problem, I have Linq to XSD installed on my machine I have Visual studio 2008 on My machine, and still I can't get the project to compile.

Can someone give me tips on how to compile this project?
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM
The DLL is included in our release bin files.  Please download the release files and add references to this file.  It is located in \bin\Microsoft.Xml.Schema.Linq.dll.   Please let us know if this solves your problem.
Aug 17, 2008 at 10:26 AM
Thanks, It helped
Aug 29, 2008 at 10:15 PM
if you follow the tutorial provided by microsoft, you should use 1.2 version to avoid this error and GetFriend error
Sep 16, 2008 at 11:32 AM
I know it's too late now, but I'm just seconding yoDon's post.  I too think it's a mistake using an alpha version of the LinqToXSD product for the FDT despite the obvious advantages that it provides.  My main issue is that the assembly does not have a strong name and therefore the FDT cannot easily be strong named.  Without a strong name the FDT can't be added to the GAC which basically means I can't use it anymore for my project which, apart from the fact it's going to cause me a lot more work, means anyone who serioulsy want's to use the FDT won't be able to and the project then potentially loses out on some skilled contributors for its ongoing maintenance.
Nov 6, 2009 at 5:15 AM

I hate to be negative, but looking at the code base, I think there have been MANY decisions made that deviate from what I would consider smart practice. I look at the code and can't tell if it's been coded by a ruby developer, java developer or what. Certainly not a c# developer.