Issue with IFrameCanvasSample

Aug 11, 2008 at 7:03 PM
I built a couple of apps successfully with version 1.x of the toolkit and I'm trying to use the new 2.0 toolkit.  I figured I'd start with a sample program and downloaded same.  When I try to run the IFrameCanvasSample (after adding the binaries), I get the following messsage: Could not load type 'IFrameSample.IFrameMaster'

Any ideas out there?
Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Just as a sanity check, I re-downloaded the code for RC2, and found a few reference paths that were out of whack.  I corrected these and the app built and ran fine on my machine.  Try downloading this changed code... it can be found by looking here.
 http://www.codeplex.com/FacebookToolkit/SourceControl/DownloadSourceCode.aspx?changeSetId=21907

I suspect that this won't fix your isssue though.  Make sure that you're updating your API key and Secret in the web.config file to match what you've set up on the facebook site.

...Peter

Aug 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Hi

Completely new to the Facebook Developer Toolkit I tried to compile the new RC2. I get the same error as jwbdevil.
Just to make sure I did not something fundamentally wrong here is what I did:

I downloaded the Facebook Developer Toolkit RC2.0 and the Samples. I started the Visual Web Developer 2008
Express Edition, open the IFrameCanvasSample, add reference to all four .dll files. Then I updated the apikey and
secret key in my web.config to my keys from facebook and also updated the callback to localhost with the right port.
Then I click play ("Start Debugging") and get: Error 1 Could not load type 'IFrameSample.IFrameMaster'.

My system : Windows Vista SP1, 64 bit with latest online updates. 

Any idea?

Thanks for your efforts,
wolf

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM
In your ASPX pages, try replacing the directive property "CodeBehind" with "CodeFile"