How to make a basic page with just getting user id with valid session ?

Aug 13, 2008 at 12:47 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Ok, i gave up, I installed Visual Studio Express 2008. That's done.... but now everything is sooooo different.

I edited my previous message because I got further, so....

The examples are all using this MasterPage thing, but I can't get it to work. I don't get the access to the property of the master page (Master.API). I don't know why. If you could clear that out :).

Also after looking through the code, I found out that there was also a CanvasIFrameBasePage, which looked like a bit more to the way I used to be working.

The (small?) problem is that, the binary version of CanvasIFrameBasePage has a method Page_Load doing the loading stuff, but in the source, it is in Page_Init... What will be the final decision ? You are hard to follow men...

So for the others wanting to use the CanvasIFrameBasePage, it could look like that:

public partial class Default : facebook.web.CanvasIFrameBasePage
{
	protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
	{
		base.Page_Load(sender, e); //This will do all the login stuff

test.Text = Convert.ToString(this.API.Secret) +" ; "  + Convert.ToString(this.API.uid); //To check that we got the correct data
	}

}
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:07 PM
and now... a question would be... if we have a handler (for ajax calls), what should we do to get the session data? i can't extend facebook.web.CanvasIFrameBasePage, and i can't use BasePageHelper because its internal... What are you going to do about it?