SetFBML and ASPX pages

Aug 17, 2008 at 12:08 PM
I want to use the SetFBML API call to set the profile box. The FBML string I want to send as the profile fbml is implemented in an ASPX page.(the content of the box is dynamic per user accroding to my DB).

How can I render the ASPX to its string represantation so I could use it the setFBML APi call?

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:56 PM
A technique for doing this is described here:
http://kpumuk.info/facebook/generating-content-for-the-facebooks-setfbml-method-in-aspnet/
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2008 at 3:49 AM
I also have a couple examples of doing this using a user control in asp.net in the fbml sample in v2.0.  I still need to document that code.  But, I call setfbml with fbml generated in a usercontrol with user context.
Aug 19, 2008 at 7:04 AM
Thank you.

The blog was very helpful...

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:25 PM
Ah, hadn't noticed the sample -- I recommend going for that. It's in FBMLControlRenderer should anyone be looking.
Aug 25, 2008 at 1:14 PM
After playing a bit with the code from the blog, I ran into some difficulties:

1. I might need to create a control not in the an ASP page but rather in a class that doesn't extended a page maybe even in the server side, than I can can't add my control to the Control data member, and the control is not getting rendered.
2. I want to use the same technique to render the Feeds and Publisher interface, bit it seems like that the JSON format that is required to those features doesn't support line breaks.

Any ideas?