how can i retrieve sessionless data such as name from users.getInfo method

Aug 21, 2008 at 2:33 AM
how can i retrieve sessionless data such as name from users.getInfo method( which is stated in the official doc that it doesn't need session key)

every time i try to request for sessionless data like name by using users.getinfo method, it always returns a 102(session key is invalide)
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2008 at 10:00 PM
I need to look into this.  I have not been able to get the calls working where the documentation says it should no longer require a session.  If I don't pass a session I always get invalid method signature.  Please log a bug in the issue tracker was that we can try to address it in the upcoming days pre-rtm of Version 2.0.
Sep 30, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Has there been any resolution on this? I continue to get invalid session when it's not being passed (and I can't pass it because it always expired after a few secs)

I've tried not adding it as a parameter and adding it as null. - still no luck with either.

thanks.

Sep 30, 2008 at 9:09 AM

I solved the problem by really looking at why the api.new.facebook.com wasn't working. After some work; all was successful.

If someone reading this has a problem; just drop a note and I could possibly provide additional details.

thanks.