When?

Sep 17, 2008 at 7:36 PM
What is the estimated timeframe for the toolkit to be functional against the 2.0 verion of the Facebook API? 

The toolkit is not functional against the 2.0 API, and yet the entire first two pages of issues are related to new LinqToXSD development.  They got no votes, yet are being done before fixing things like the set_info call or even getting the samples functional. WTF?  At least give us something.  Some of us wanted to use the Facebook Developer Toolkit, but it's going on 2 months past the release of the 2.0 Facebook API and the toolkit isn't even able to be used. 

Some of us need to understand how many more new toys are going to be introduced into the toolkit at the cost of delaying base functionality, so that we can decide if we can continue waiting for it to be usable or need to explore other options. This is extremely frustrating. 
Sep 17, 2008 at 7:38 PM
i second that sentiment...

(besides the wtf part :))
Sep 18, 2008 at 9:29 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2008 at 9:31 AM
Whilst I mostly agree, The first Issue Tracker page looks to me like it's full of useful issues rather than Linq stuff. Although I am sorted by "Updated" rather than "votes".

Take into account this is still a "release candidate" for version 2, so hopefully we'll have more updates in the coming weeks.
Sep 18, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Ok, so only 5 or 6 Linq items on the first page of issues with the rest being useless (especially at the current phase), but the the second page is dominated by Linq related new dev, maybe I had the sort set differently or something.  ;)  Either way, can someone take a stab at some of the outstanding issues before new linq dev work is added/done?  Specifically the setinfo or the publishuseraction pieces so maybe the samples would work and those of us jsut starting could begin to get our heads around the architecture and such?