URLExceptionInvalid scheme for url (javascript:__doPostBack(

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:45 AM
hi there i am using facebook developer kit  v 1.7 on C#. my application runs very snice except that when  friends are displayed on the friendslit i get this error 
URLExceptionInvalid scheme for url (javascript:__doPostBack('FriendList1','553111428'))foreach of my friend i get this error with a different user id as a parameter. the friendclick event does not work. woul appreciate any help theanks
Developer
Oct 27, 2008 at 11:23 PM
My guess would be that Facebook has updated their API to the users.getInfo call since we released 1.7. The control seems to display friends for me just fine in 2.0. Try downloading 2.0 RC2 and using that, then let me know if it works.
Oct 28, 2008 at 7:17 AM

My problem is i am usin visual studio 2005 and v2 i think its 2008 compliant

Sent: 28 October 2008 12:23 AM
To: Happy Lekubu
Subject: Re: URLExceptionInvalid scheme for url (javascript:__doPostBack( [FacebookToolkit:38411]

My guess would be that Facebook has updated their API to the users.getInfo call since we released 1.7. The control seems to display friends for me just fine in 2.0. Try downloading 2.0 RC2 and using that, then let me know if it works.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:22 AM

My problem is i am usin visual studio 2005 and 2.0 RC2 i think its  visual studio is 2008 compliant.  tried it but i could not get it to run. it was not compiling. please do help

Developer
Oct 28, 2008 at 9:06 PM
I haven't really worked with 1.7 in quite a while, and I'm busy right now trying to fix things up for the 2.0 release. My only suggestion would be to try downloading a version of
Visual Studio Express 2008 (http://www.microsoft.com/Express/), and running it there. Or if you'd rather stick with 1.7, maybe someone else on the forums who's a little more
familiar with that release can be of more help. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time at the moment to look into this.
Jan 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM
mahappys, did you ever solve this problem? We're having the same problem.
May 5, 2009 at 11:32 PM
I just ran into the same issue and made a change to the facebook.web project.  Modify the FriendList.cs file, about line 165 in the code.
If you only downloaded the dll facebook.web, grab the source code project.

Changed This:
//output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Href, Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackClientHyperlink(this, friend.uid.ToString()));
//output.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.A);

To This:
output.AddAttribute("uid", friend.uid.ToString());
output.RenderBeginTag(
"fb:publisher-link");

Recompile the facebook.web project and use the new dll.

Using the fb:publisher-link fbml tag to bypass the issues with Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackClientHyperlink in the facebook environment.

Hope it helps