2.0 RC3 is out!

Developer
Oct 31, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to make sure you all know that RC3 of version 2.0 has just been released. Check it out on the Releases tab, and please test it out as much as you can so that we can find any large issues before doing the full release.

Thanks everyone, and happy Halloween!
Nov 1, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Jon,
 Thanks again for your efforts. 
 They are truly appreciated.

Chris
Nov 1, 2008 at 11:15 PM
Great news!  Does this include the PublishUserAction fix?
Developer
Nov 3, 2008 at 3:20 AM
Yes, it does. Sorry, I meant to add to the Release Notes to say what was fixed, but forgot about it (this is what happens when you try to release something just before leaving work on a Friday night). I'll try to post something about that tomorrow, but for the most part, anything that has a status of "fixed" in the issue tracker should be fixed in this release.
Nov 3, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Great news!  Just downloaded RC3 and will be testing tonight or tomorrow and will report back (unfortunately have to get my app working again in its own tab first). 

Thanks again Jon - you the PublishUserAction fix probably saved me a week of coding/testing!

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:10 AM
I'm now running RC3 in my production app and have taken advantage of the PublishUserAction fix... YAY!

http://apps.facebook.com/moodstones
Nov 4, 2008 at 8:14 AM
great work, hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out soon :)
Nov 4, 2008 at 4:59 PM
I can verify that i see feed.publishuseraction and profile.setfbml working using the new .dll
Thank the maker!
Developer
Nov 4, 2008 at 5:16 PM
FYI, it looks like there will be an RC4. While going through some of the code to update the docs, I found the following issues, which I think need to be fixed for a big release like this:

• The UserProfile, FriendsList, and PhotoAlbum controls don't work because of serialization issues
  • It's impossible to create standalone web applications because FacebookService.IsDesktopApplication wasn't working
  • CanvasIFrameBasePage.Api needs to be renamed to ApiKey to avoid case-sensitivity issues in VB, and to follow our conventions elsewhere in the toolkit
These all have fixes already checked in, so now I'm just working on updating a few other things (docs, etc.) and waiting to see if any more bug reports came in before making another RC. So keep testing RC3, and please let me know if you find any big issues so that we can fix them for RC4.
Nov 4, 2008 at 7:11 PM
With RC3 I'm still getting these errors but I've been receiving them since the dawn of time...

ErrorMessage = The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.
StackTrace = at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at facebook.API.postRequest(String requestUrl, String postString) at facebook.API.SendRequest(IDictionary`2 parameterDictionary, Boolean useSession) at facebook.API.SendRequest(IDictionary`2 parameterDictionary) at facebook.users.getInfo(String uids) at facebook.users.getInfo(Int64 uid) at MoodStone.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Developer
Nov 4, 2008 at 9:26 PM
Slight change of plans: to accommodate some timing issues, and since no major problems have been reported yet in RC3, there will be no RC4. Instead, the next release will be the official 2.0 release, and will include the fixes mentioned above that were slated for RC4. In addition, it will also include the updated samples (in C# and VB), and updated documentation. So expect to see that coming by the end of this week.
Nov 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM
@jschuster

Could you please take a look into photos.upload?
It works fine as long as I want to upload photos to one of my own albums or to my application album.
But I always get an error (120, invalid aid) if I try to upload pictures to the application album of other users...

Or is uploading to other users application album not possible?
Developer
Nov 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM
Bill, I can't say exactly what the problem is there. From skimming through some FB documentation and from the error you're receiving, I would guess that either the album corresponding to your aid doesn't exist, or the user/app doesn't have access to it for some reason. Then again, in my experience, Facebook is notorious for giving error messages that don't correspond to the actual error.

I'm pretty busy getting the release ready at the moment, so I'll have to look into this more later, but in the meantime you can check out http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Photos.upload if you haven't already. If nothing else, it should explain any permissions issues you might not have been aware of already.
Nov 6, 2008 at 9:08 AM
Thanks.

I've been testing a lot with the developer tools and I am sure that the aids are correct. Unfortunately there is no error code like "you do not have the permission to upload into this album".
Also I've looked everywhere in the forum and wiki, but can't find any details on this issue. It seems to me that you are not allowed to upload photos into an album of another user.