publish a feed to facebook with facebook connect

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM
Hello I am working on a facebook connect application.  I am trying to use the method PublishStory or PublishAction on a object of the Facebook.Components.FacebookService class. How ever I keep getting a exception with the messege "This method is deprecated”. Does any know how to publish a feed to facebook with a facebook connect website. Any help would be appreciated.
Dec 7, 2008 at 7:06 PM
Use feed.publishuseraction

It accepts a fair few arguments, including a template ID(the sentence you want posted) that you need to register here (http://developers.facebook.com/tools.php?templates) before trying it.
Dec 7, 2008 at 7:20 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2008 at 7:31 PM
Thank you.
Dec 8, 2008 at 12:47 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2008 at 12:57 AM

The problem that I had was I was using on older version of the API that I downloaded from MSDN. I have The latest DLL’s now but I still can’t seem to publish my feed. I have a Templete Bundle registered at facebook and the following code. But I get the exception: “Feed.publishUserAction cannot be used to automatically publish one-line stories on Connect sites.” I have no problem pulling various infromation from facebook.

Code:

FacebookService api = DataAccess.GetFaceBookApi(this);
                List<long> ids = new List<long>();
                ids.Add(api.uid);
                api.feed.publishUserAction(38143128699, null, ids, "", facebook.feed.PublishedStorySize.Short);
Dec 8, 2008 at 12:56 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2008 at 1:01 AM
sorry duplicate post
Developer
Dec 10, 2008 at 11:49 PM
Sounds like Facebook Connect has some limitations on the API calls you can use. I took a quick look and didn't see anything in the docs about it, but you might take a better look: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Facebook_Connect
Dec 22, 2008 at 3:27 PM
I was just wondering if anyone found away around this problem,.. because I'm running into the same issue.

I did see a post somewhere on the FaceBook Developer Forum, that stated your application needed to be white-listed to be able to post to the feed, but I didn't see anything else about it.

Thanks!