Error Creating Control - FriendList1

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:03 PM
This is a newby question as I'm a newby to the Facebook Developer Toolkit.

I have been going step by step through the example in the documenation to learn how to develop web apps that integrate with facebook.

In section 1.7 Creating a web application, I'm running into a problem:  When I drop a "FriendList" control on the page I get the following error:

Error Creating Control - FriendList 1

Could not load file or assembly 'facebook, Version 2.0.3230.29787, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = null' or one of it's dependencies.  The System Cannot find the file specified.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Standard.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Apr 3, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Edited Apr 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM
I have not been able to get an answer or hint from anyone to this and other questions - this project simply doesn't work and is a complete waste of time.

In order to solve this I'm learning PHP - they have SUPPORTED libraries and questions actually get answered.  I've spoken to Microsoft folks about this and there is nothing they can do - I am surprised they don't put more resources on this project since facebook integration is critical and they do intend to remain a player in the web market.

(Reminds me of what they said about FoxPro!)

My best wishes to those of you who continue to fight with this project - I'm giving up since it simply doesn't work!!!

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:34 AM

use the version 2.0 (stable) build, this should resolve your issues.