Cant even get a hello world application working!

Mar 1, 2009 at 5:43 AM
im tearning my bloody hair out i cant event get a simple iframe application to write hello world to the screen. the documentatuion is rubbish it does not talk aabout putting the app key and secret into config like the error that is thrown if you dont !!!!  Ive been programming asp.net for years. And I have a page that inherits from canvasIframe page and have set the app up to do the same with no html markup just a response.write("hello") and when i browse to my canvas the page says cant find page but when i browse to my pubklick application with my external Ip it works fine!!! why does facebook spit no error message back at you and why dont their examples work?

Can anybody give me the source for a hello world app using an Iframe? I would be very greaeatful as i cant for the life of me get this working seems impossible!!!!!!

Regards
Pete
Mar 1, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Perhaps my starter kit could help.

-Steve
Mar 6, 2009 at 3:08 AM
I get a Default.aspx.exclude could not be found within the project templates... message when I try to create a new project from you starter kit.

Is that normal?  (PS: I have yet to get a single sample app to work)
Mar 6, 2009 at 3:33 AM
Ok, I got the sample app working... but am I missing something about how to get the facebook items onto the toolbar in VS.2008 ?  I read that v1 of the asp.net api did it, but i had to point at the DLLs and my collection looks much smaller that in some of the screenshots I see online...

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM
right click the tab for face book if andy or the tool bar and select "show all". you might get the remaing controls with disabled tyep.

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM

i Get the  same error Default.aspx.exclude could not be found within the project templates........... pls some one help me out...(VS 2010)

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I get A reply as in  Exception HR Result: 0X80041FEB