Events and javascript not working in Firefox IFrame

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:24 AM
I have developed a Canvas IFrame application using the toolkit and asp.net 3.5. I am using a master page and I have my non-master pages all inheriting from CanvasIFrameBasePage.

All is good using Internet Explorer (7), but when I use Firefox I get lots of issues which all seem to be related to javascript:-

1) I have an invite page that does a RegisterClientSCriptBlock on page load which regsisters a javascript on the page to render the Facebook multi_friend_selector.php. In Firefox this page does not display the multi_friend_selector, it's as if the javascript does nothing.

2) I am using various RadioButtonLists and DropDownLists and in Firefox their SelectedIndexChanged events do not seem to fire at all. Perhaps they are using javascript internally in these controls for raising these events??

3) I have some javascripts functions that enable multi-selection on a gridview of friends to notify. Again it seems these scripts do not fire when running in Firefox.

If anyone has had similar issues and can offer any help or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce 
Mar 4, 2009 at 1:43 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2009 at 1:44 AM
After much searching I eventually solved this problem and the solution was ridiculously simple. I had removed the html and body tags from my Master page at some stage as I was lead to believe that this was necessary because it runs within the facebook markup.

The solution was to put the <body> tag back into the Master page. It seems Firefox is stricter than IE on the correct html formatting and for some reason this causes AutoPostbacks (and javascript) to no longer work in Firefox.