events.create(): Unable to see any created Events

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM
I am experimenting with FaceBook Net 2.0. I am trying to create events. I am currently using the library as supplied (e.g. no support for city parameter!). My application goes through the motions, and throws no exceptions. The create call returns an Event Status such as  D23899FD9, which I assume is an event id.

However, I just cannot find my events on Facebook, either by searching or browsing!

My application just uses the API, with the ApplicationKey and Secret that I had previously registered for my "proper" Facebook Application ("DanceWeb"); i.e. this test application does not use a callback, or run under the login credentials of a user. I understood that this was OK, and that the events posted would be identified as owned by "DanceWeb".  

Have I misunderstood something? If not, how do I "find" my events - and how will Facebook users be able to find them? Are they by default "private"?

My typical test data is:

facebookevent NewEvent = new facebookevent {
                description = "event description test",
                end_date = System.DateTime.Now.AddHours(8),
                event_subtype = "3",
                event_type = "2",
                host = "DanceWeb",
                location = "London",
                start_date = System.DateTime.Now.AddHours(2),
                name = "DanceWeb" }; 

Any help appreciated
John Walton
Mar 22, 2009 at 4:32 AM
If you are lucky enough to post anything to facebook using the toolkit, I'd be greatful (ecstatic) to know how.
May 27, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Edited May 27, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Hey... any luck. I am also trying to create an event using the code below but getting exception on events.create() function.

Exception : ActiveX control '8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2' cannot be instantiated because the current thread is not in a single-threaded apartment.

Code to create event:  

facebook.Schema.facebookevent fbevent = new facebook.Schema.facebookevent();
            fbevent.eid = 1;
            fbevent.name = "Testing Event";
            fbevent.tagline = "testing teg line";
            fbevent.nid = 1;
            fbevent.pic = "test.gif";
            fbevent.pic_big = "test.gif";
            fbevent.pic_small = "text.gif";
            fbevent.host = "host name";
            fbevent.description = "description goes here";
            fbevent.event_type = "party";
            fbevent.event_subtype = "birthday party";
            fbevent.start_time = 1;
            fbevent.end_time = 2;
            fbevent.creator = 1;
            fbevent.update_time = 3;

facebook.Schema.location _location = new facebook.Schema.location();
            _location.street = "630 Vernon";
            _location.city = "Glencoe";
            _location.state = "IL";
            _location.zip = "60022";

fbevent.location = _location.ToString();

facebook.Components.FacebookService _fbService = new facebook.Components.FacebookService();
            _fbService.GetExtendedPermission(facebook.Types.Enums.Extended_Permissions.create_event);
            _fbService.events.create(fbevent);

Please help!

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:20 AM

same problem. i can see the event in my own event, but can't find it with the search option. i really would like to know if it's überhaupt possible to create a searchable event.

thanks in advance.