fb.connect.showFeedDialog not rendering as a popup

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:02 PM
I'm working on a FB Connect asp.net application.  I load an aspx page inside an iframe.  This aspx page contains the javascript code for the FB.Connect.showFeedDialog.  The problem is that when the page loads and the showFeedDialog javascript call is executed instead of loading as a floating popup, it loads like a page inside the iframe.  Is there any way to render the Feed Dialog as a popup inside the iframe?

Thanks in advance.
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:14 PM
I am trying to do exactly what you have described with no success so far and I know from other threads that others are struggling with the same problem. Any chance you could share your code for this and we can try and find a solution to the popup problem.
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:56 PM
I'll post my code later today when I'm in front of my development station.  In the meantime, I thought of a potential work around.  It's a bit of hack but hey these are uncharted waters.  I was thinking of putting the javascript code that contains FB javascript block including the FB.Connect.showFeedDialog inside a floating div.  Create a div, give it a z index of 1000 so that it's above everything.  To close it, you can use the callback function of the FB.Connect.showFeedDialog, which will be called once the user has interacted with the feed form.  I plan to try this solution later tonight, but let me know if that works for you.