Please expand support for session-free API calls

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Hello,

I noticed that nearly all of your functions call the version of API.SendRequest that requires a session ID.  Did you know that Facebook lets you do a lot of stuff without authorizing the app or even logging into Facebook?  An increasing number of applications are taking advantage of this, and I don't want to be left out in the cold.  So as a result, I'm having to re-create a bunch of API functionality in my own code that uses the sessionless version of API.SendRequest.  Compounding this is the fact that a lot of your utility functions have the 'internal' access modifier.  This means that I have to duplicate those functions in my own code if I want to take advantage of them.  This is really annoying, because there's really no reason they should have to be internal.  For example, why does API.AddList need to be internal?  It's not like its accessing any protected data elements or anything.  It just doesn't make any sense.

Could you please improve your support for sessionless API calls?  Lots of app developers are using the new sessionless functionality, and I hardly think I'm alone in wanting this.