Userinformation

May 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Hi,

I have been working on a integrating Facebook Connect for a while now, and it has been working pretty good, but suddenly I can't receive user information in codebehind anymore.

If I am logged on and try api.users.getInfo('my id'), it returns null, I have also tried with api.users.getInfo() but it still returns null even if I can see my UserId. I have looked and the Api-key and App-secret are correct.

Does anyone have any idea why this suddenly have happened?

May 27, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I found the error, apparently Facebook have changed their signup procedure so you can log into an account without them having confirmed their email first. They can thereby connect to my site, but when I try to receive any data aside from the userId I receive a null reference. Maybe the API should be upgraded to support this better?

May 28, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Are you getting this error:

Element is not an instance of type facebook.Schema.users_getInfo_response

I am getting that today (but never before).  Were you able to fix it?  If so, how?

Thanks.

May 28, 2009 at 1:15 AM

I'm getting schema errors left, right and center today.  Facebook making more breaking changes.  We've been running without problems for too long now you see, they had to break something.

May 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Yeah, looks like they made a change (bad commit, I hope) that has broken it:

http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?pid=147568#p147568