Alpha 2.0 breaking changes (I must be doing something wrong)

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I have a facebook app working using the Facebook Development Tookit for .Net. It only does a setfbml call to add items to the users profile. Now I want to extend it so that it can publish to the user's feed (and wall, but feed primarily). This facebook API snippet says for that you need stream.publish. Since Toolkit Alpha 1.0 doesn't support stream.publish directly, I decided to try to move to Alpha 2.0 but whenever I do I get two compilation errors I can't seem to figure out.

This line breaks

public partial class MasterPage :  facebook.web.CanvasFBMLMasterPage

saying there is no namespace named "facebook" (although Facebook exists) and I can't find a class named CanvasFBMLMasterPage anywhere! The closest thing I have found is Facebook.Web.Ui.FacebookMasterPage, but it doesn't have a lot of the same properties or methods as CanvasFBMLMasterPage so I can't use it directly.

The second compilation error is for this line

RequireLogin = true;

which just doesn't work for the reason mentioned above.

The really interesting thing is that moving back to Alpha 1.0 (facebook.web.dll & facebook.dll) did not make these errors go away. It wasn't until I dug up facebook.desktop.dll and referenced it that my web application began working again. Can someone shed some light on what I am misunderstanding about this toolkit?

Thanks much.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM

sounds like you have a problem with your references.  Make sure all the old facebook DLLs are removed from the file system and the new ones in place.  Thne make sure your references are all pointing to the new DLLs and make sure your "using" statements are all correct.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Nevermind, please ignore this (can't find a way to delete it)