BeginInvoke in the new check-in versions

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Does the newly checked-in versions required Silverlight tools to be installed?

I have the following compilation error when trying to build version 35215 of the toolkit.

"No overload for method 'BeginInvoke' takes '1' arguments.

The error points to:

line 106 of FacebookImage.cs - dispatcher.BeginInvoke(new Action(()=> and also many of the silverlight defined portions.

Please advice what I need to do to compile the toolkit successfully. Thanks a lot!

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM

To compile the enitre toolkit (including the Silverlight portion, which is included in the main solution), yes, you will need the Silverlight tools installed. However, if you don't need to build the Silverlight version, you should just be able to compile each project individually (right-click on the project and click Build). Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:48 AM

I encountered the same compilation error when I try to compile each project individually. I need Facebook.dll before I can complile the other projects.

Line 106 of FacebookImage.cs which is required for Facebook.dll generated this error as well even though it's not under Silverlight definition.

Thanks. Please help.

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Hmm, that's odd. Make sure you're running the latest version of .NET (3.5 SP1), although Visual Studio should have picked up on the .NET version from the csproj anyway. Are you just using standard Visual Studio? Anything else particularly different about your dev environment?

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Yes I am running the latest verison of .Net 3.5 SP1. Anyway, I just installed silverlight tools and the compilation error is gone. Will leave it as that. Thanks.