New Facebook Connect

Jul 10, 2009 at 6:35 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Hi,

I realised that the connection to facebook is changed in version 35236. In the sample, it seems that the user has to login to Facebook thru a browser 1st?

What about connection through a desktop application? I have been using version 2.1 to develop a desktop application to connect to Facebook. It seems like the newly checked-in version is doing it differently. Any advice on how to create a connection to Facebook from a desktop application? I have looked at the desktop sample included in version 35236. It's not working either giving "Session key invalid or no longer valid" error. Please help. Thanks

Developer
Aug 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I haven't tried out developing a desktop application but I have managed to reproduce the issue consistently. You will need to verify that the session key is valid. The only way I have figured out is to actually try using it and handling it if it fails. Have a look at http://my6solutions.com/post/2009/07/31/Facebook-Connect-Invalid-Session-Key-issue.aspx. I have also included the utility class I use.