base.Page_Load(sender, e) dosent exist in CanvasIFrameBasePage

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:35 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to create a simple iFrame for facebook, so I just followed the documentation given with the source code and all.

But i have a slight problem: when I put this code:

base.ApiKey = FACEBOOK_API_KEY;
base.Secret = FACEBOOK_SECRET;
base.Page_Load(sender, e);

Visual studio is telleing me that CanvasIFrameBasePage does not contain the Page_Load method!

So I figured that I could just remove it, but the problem is now when I try to do something in my application in facebook, for example grant the photo_upload,

a new facebook page is created inside my iFrame! so if I do this 3 times, I will have like 3 facebook window into one!

Everyone knows if it is becase of the Page_Load or something else?

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM

It seem that documentation is not updated. If you use 2.1 version of library it should work correct.

I am not sure if problem can be because of setting api key and secret in the code. It was worked

on 2.0. I am not sure if it works now. I am now setting this in web.config.

Maybe you can download my demo and see if it works to you and use it as base for your apps.

http://docs.myhobbyfriends.com/FVK_trial.zip

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Thank you vatra for your reply,

but I am using 2.1 version of the library ! so I am just following their instruction, but as you say, maybe it is not updated yet.

So I took a look at your demo, but I dont really get it. Where do you solve the problem ? and which problem did you solve? the base.Page_Load existence (I saw that you commented it on a page) or the facebook page into another one?

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Maybe I don't understand what your problem is. But if you user link with url on facebook you should set Target="_top"

My dome don't solve any problem :) It uses component library which should help asp.net developers to speed up

facebook iFrame development. It consist of 12 the most used facebook features wrapped as asp.net user controls:

tabs, invite, feed story popups, send status, pesmisions, facebook buttons ...

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM
vatra wrote:

Maybe I don't understand what your problem is. But if you user link with url on facebook you should set Target="_top"

My dome don't solve any problem :) It uses component library which should help asp.net developers to speed up

facebook iFrame development. It consist of 12 the most used facebook features wrapped as asp.net user controls:

tabs, invite, feed story popups, send status, pesmisions, facebook buttons ...

I downloaded this and tried to use it and it works great!!

I was having problems initially, because I hadn't set up the FB Connect settings for my app (using facebook developer application). DOH!!

It's a very nice package!

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Thanks Tmc, I am glad you like it :)

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM

@medibou or any one else, do you know the solution for the problem in the first post??? I have the same problem and I don't know what to do! thanks in advance!

Aug 17, 2009 at 3:05 AM

No still got no answer to solve my problem ... well our problem :d

Aug 17, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I've tried the simplest solution - didn't put base.Page_Load(sender, e); in the code and it works just great! :)