Facebook.streamPublish auto_publish property does not automatically publish to the friends wall even when set to true.

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Edited Sep 14, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I  was able to publish successfully to the friends wall as well as the News Feed using FBJS Facebook.streamPublish with setting appropriate values to the parameters. I had provided a link in the Notification clicking on which the publish_stream permission will get set. Now when the application  calls  the FBJS Facebook.streamPublish with the auto_publish parameter set to true the first time , It pops up the Publish Feed Form showing the message that  I am about to send to my friends.The next time the application  who has had the publish_stream permission  sends a message , the Pop up does not occur and  the message also is not posted anywhere(Not on the friends wall and even also not in the Newsfeed either.).This worked well 2 Days back but suddenly when we tested it today it was not the case.Kindly guide me in this as to if there was a recent change done in the Facebook Toolkit.I am presently working on Facebook Toolkit v 2.1.

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM

can u plz send ur code to sreenivasiris@rediffmail.com

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:05 AM

kedarkar,

Could you please tell me how did you get Facebook.streamPublish to work with Facebook Toolkit 2.1? This toolkit implements stream.publish, but I don't think it has implemented Facebook.streamPublish yet. I want the user to see the feed form before posting a story, just like the old showFeedDialog does.

Did you implement Facebook.streamPublish yourself?

Thanks