ASP.NET User Control Visual Library

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:59 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Facebook ASP.NET Control Library in C# and VB.NET

This library is set of Facebook features wrapped as ASP.NET controls written in C# and VB.NET to make work with Facebook iFrame apps much easier and faster and to make a code much better organized and easier to maintain. Using this component set Facebook apps are also much more independent of changes in Facebook API.

The library, demo and starter applications are based on Facebook C# SDK (Graph API).

Component List:
    Facebook Stream Publish
    Stream Publish to Friends
    Facebook Invite Friends
    Invite Condensed
    Become Fan Box
    Facebook Tabs
    Send User Status
    Like Button
    Like Box
    BookmarkButton
    Share Button
    Permissions
    Bookmark
    Select Friends
    Enable XFBML
    Enable Resizable iFrame
    Apple Safari Fix

Facebook Connect ASP.NET Control Library in C# and VB.NET

This library is set of Facebook features wrapped as ASP.NET controls written in C# and VB.NET for development of Facebook Connect web sites. It is subset of library above with couple of new ASP.NET controls.

Component List:
    Facebook Connect Login Button
    Facebook Connect Logout Button
    Like Button
    Like Box
    Facebook Stream Publish
    Facebook Stream Publish to Friends
    Become Fan Box
    Discussions Box
    Facebook Invite Friends
    Invite Condensed
    Share Button
    Bookmark Button
    Permissions
    Enable XFBML
    Add to Profile Button
    Select Friends
    Send User Status

New: Facebook Connect PHP Toolkit

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I've been a programmer for a years now, and I just made a first attempt at a Facebook app.  I spent 3 days going through documentation and all sorts of examples that were outdated since Facebook has kept making drastic changes.  I happened to run into vatlab.com, bought this Facebook Visual Toolkit and couldn't have been happier about how easy things worked and the support that was provided with it.  If you're developing fb apps, this is seriously worth the $45 to get the source code instead of spending 20 hours trying to do the same thing. 

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Yup. Me too. 

Just before I became totally desperate and was about to give up, I stumbled upon the FVK and my application is live and kickin today ;)

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:50 AM

I'm a student in Singapore and I wanted to create a facebook application with my friends. Initially after looking up for some guides on how to create a facebook application we still had struggle especially on the components. This Visual Kit solve my problem perfectly as i was also using ASP.net. It was a breeze. And we finally completed our facebook app.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I personally use it in both of my apps too and it's WONDERFUL. Saves a LOT of time. Get the source code license. It's well worth it. The best part is that the dev is constantly updating it to keep up with any facebook changes, so we never have to worry about that part of it.

Just today he released an update that covers the new changes coming 12.20.2009. 

In case you didn't know it, on that date, facebook is deprecating all of the user story templates. And when they do, all of the hard work that you've put into getting those work will be destroyed.

Well if you were using the FVK, you'd be already set for this, because he has already implemented the new stream publish technique that facebook now requires (12.20.2009). 

Get this product. If you're serious about facebook development using asp.net, then this product isn't merely a luxury, it's a must have.

Get it. You'll be glad you did.

Excellent product.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I agree with kbessetette, I spend many hours going through documentation trying to figure out what to do. FVK was a great find, what would have taken me weeks to accomplish I achieved in a few days.

I highly recommend this product.

Great job FVK :-)

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM

An excellent product and excellent support response. I bought it because I was struggling with wall postings and invitations and it has solved that problem really well. I think that anyone just starting out on Facebook development with .Net and FDT should definitely use the starting kit, it will literally save weeks of time with all the silly little bugs and issues of Facebook and the FDT toolkit. 

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I highly recommend FVK for everybody doing Facebook apps in ASP.Net.  In my case it paid it self up in the first hour of use.   I was doing my first Facebook project, and had been stuck in resolving  problems, rooted in poor documentation and bugs in the Facebook platform and FDT, and when the deadline was closing in, I was lucky to stumble upon FVK, which enabled me to meet my obligations.  I'm also very happy with the quick and flawless service I got from vatlab.com.

Feb 9, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Is there a way to call the "Permissions" control programmatically?
It seems, the only way to pop up the dialogue is by having the user click on the link.

Essentially, i would like the dialogue to popup automatically after the user has logged into FB connect for the first time.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM

is there a way to access the facebook user information (i.e. first name, last name, etc) using this library?

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Permissions control which supports auto open on page load is available now in new version of the lib. For getting user information and much more from Facebook Connect web site you can find excellent example project "Connect" in Facebook Developer Toolkit samples available in Downloads section.

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Not only is this a good codebase, but crucially - it is well supported. For the cost of £32.00 this is worth it's weight in gold!

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Thank you for this GREAT product. Using your KIT saved us weeks in development.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Save time and get your product done faster with this SDK.

If you are looking for a solid foundation to build a Facebook Server application, I Highly recommend this SDK and the GiftApp. With extensive code examples and broad Coverage of all things that a typical Facebook app developer needs, you’ll hit the ground running.

Nader Rahimizad,  CTO, GamesBox Co., Ltd. , http://GamesBox.tv

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM

This is an awesome toolkit! It requires very little time to implement. And even after I purchased the toolkit, the developer gave me lots of useful tips and answered all my questions extensively. I'm in the final stages of completing my site (http://www.ticketez.nl), and then the toolkit can be seen in action.

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Highly recommend this toolkit. Quick to setup and use, saved me hours of development time for a very reasonable price :D

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM

The Facebook UI controls  provided by vatlab are great. They simplified writing code and are a consistent way of using the facebook controls. I recommend using those controls.

May 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Edited May 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM

This developer have done an excellent work on simplifying Facebook integration for the .net framework.
I also needed a custom solution, which he helped me implementing.
I highly recommend his skills and the user controls.

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Love your controls and support. You certainly could teach some vendors a thing or 2 about support. Thanks for a excellent product.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:26 PM

This code rocks! I have nothing but positive things to say about the both product and the support (which is frankly amazing).  I strongly suggest going for the full package to get the example apps as well. It is solid set of controls that do exactly what I wanted to do with FB. Well worth spending a few bucks for.

Tried many other FB tooolkits and ran into nothing but problems. Clear sailing with this one. 

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:13 AM

This is really a great product with the GREAT support, they help me a lot, thanks.

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Excellent controls with superb support! I have been spending days trying to understand FB API. Thanks god I found this kit and it saves me so much time so that I can focus on our core site development. Well done Vatroslav! 

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM

If you're starting out with Facebook application development and within the .NET framework, this is a must to buy. The toolkit is extremely solid! I suggest getting the compiled + source so that you can really learn to extend the controls to your liking.  Like everyone says, the developer is extremely helpful and quickly responds to any questions you have. 

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:30 PM

So often when a developer purchases a product or component, there is a degree of anxiety about the functionality and quality of the product and support. I can happily report that with Vatlab and their fb libraries, you don't have to worry. The product is robust, bulletproof, and the support is exceptional. For what you get and the time it saves, I think the product is under priced. The fb libraries from Vatlab are a safe investment.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Vatroslav has been greatly patient and helped me worked out the issues for the last 2 weeks. I would greatly recommend FVK because the support has been great so far and hopefully we can see a subscription model in the future. Can't wait to see what social possibilities are there with this tool for my Websites. Thanks buddy.

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I only have need two days to integrate my Site with facebook using FVK. It has been the great low cost investment I have done for a long.

Thanks to Vatlab

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:20 PM

This is a great library and purchase, and the support is great!  The library will save you tons of time decoding all the disparate .NET facebook info out there.  It simply works!

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

This is the best library I've found for facebook development. It was money well spent and VTLAB goes out of his way to provide support which makes this an even better library to purchase. Thanks a bunch for making it so easy for me to develop facebook apps.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Vat Labs has been a tremendous help in helping me develop a facebook appplication.  They add a personal touch to the email support I received.  They were fast and friendly.  I highly recommend this company/product for facebook/asp.net integration.

- Peter

Lead Developer

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:34 AM

It is very easy to use this component for developing do.net apps. You can contact him anytime you want and will get response in few minutes.

Thanks Vatroslav,

Andrej

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM

There is also a retooled C# Facebook SDK at http://facebooksdk.codeplex.com/ to take a look at.  It has some very useful resources.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM

The Facebook Developer Toolkit has officially been discontinued. I would recommend switching to the Facebook C# SDK.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM

All products from Vatlab.com website are already switched on Facebook C# SDK from New Year.

This thread is created to collect feedback about products before more then year when Facebook Developer

Toolkit was still main SDK for .NET development. Thanks to ntotten for creating a great alternative for

Facebook Graph API.

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I've been using Vatlab's FVK for a year now, and it's hands down a must have in your arsenal of tools for Facebook application development.  The C# SDK's for Facebook are good, but they don't come close to the resources provided in the FVK.  No other SDK provides the amount of controls, usage & real-world examples of how to use the code, or actual "working" source code that the Vatlab FVK does.  Plus, for the money, the amount of savings on development costs incurred by having this toolkit are astronomical!  ...Not the mention the support, which makes or breaks a software's success. The support I've gotten from Vatlab is stellar.

I was able to perform publishing operations using Vatlab's Stream Publish Pop-up control that would have taken literally hours to do. Also, using these controls helps keep your code clean and efficient!  I can't speak highly enough of this toolkit and look forward to future releases!

-Jim Thompson

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:35 PM

The C# SDK for Facebook is great, but you're comparing apples and oranges.

If you want to actually see some immediate results these FVK controls are a must have.  Vatlab control's are paramount to any rapid application development, or enterprise-class application development project. 

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Anyone looking to do anything related to facebook, doen't need to look anywhere else once they've tried fvk, it is extreamly well written and documented, the support exceptional all requests are answered and the price is fair, very happy with my purchase.

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I recently started to work on a project for creating facebook apps. And during the first whole week i struggled to use the facebook api as facebook constantly changes their api model, i really wasnt able to complete the whole puzzle of creating a complete facebook app that has everything.

On doing some googling i found this magnificient piece of work in the form of this ASP.NET Control visual Library by VatLab, which has definitely helped me alot and saved a huge amount of my important development time by providing a very comprehensive programming model which makes it very easy to develop high quality facebook app.

Thumbs up for the guys at vatlab... keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Mubashir Afroz.

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:41 AM

The controls are easy to use and VatLab offers support at a lightning speed.

This is a no-brainer if you need a good solid foundation for your facebook projects in asp.net.