Not receiving login completed callback in Silverlight application

Nov 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I'm creating a new Silverlight application by following the directions in the help file and haven't been able to successfully get a login callback.  If I set the Facebook Connect URL to the WAN address of my development machine and port number, I get a blank page after the login prompt.  If I set the Connect URL to local host and the port number of the ASP development server, I get a "Call was rejected by callee." javascript error after the login prompt.  In both cases, the login complete callback never fires.  I've tried disabling my firewall but it hasn't had any effect.

Any suggestions would be very much appriciated.

Thanks,

Vance

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:14 AM

I'm having the same problem. I specify the return URL to the same page that hosts the silverlight app and it successfully returns to the page, but then login completed event never fires, and the popup window doesn't close. Is the popup window supposed to return to some particular page that closes the popup?

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Vance,

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue. Using Fiddler I can see a session id being sent back. but I am not sure that I am truely logged in.

Marc

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Derrick,

Did you ever resolve this?

Marc

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Was this ever resolved?  When I try the sample SilverlightGettingStarted sample, when I login it just shows me my profile in the popup login window rather than returning control to the Silverlight application.

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Same here. Not able to get the app to work. A new login will always fail - probalby because the login was already done.

In this state Silverlight FB apps are somehow not possible. Hope they will fix it soon.

I am currently thinking about completely skipping Silverlight for FB integration and going the hard PHP way. What a pain...

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Just make sure you are using correct login method for your silverlight app. Silverlight app can have 3 login scenarios:

1) sl app in Facebook canvas should use session information from iframe url

2) OOB sl app should follow desktop login path (SL4 should make it pretty easy) and

3) standalone sl app should use Facebook connect (this is the one used in the examples)

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Could sound like something i expirenced when putting my application into sandbox mode and trying to connect with an account that is not a developer of the application?

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I have the same problem with Samples/SilverlightGettingStarted:
When login in using Internet Explorer it just opens the page again (without knowing I'm already logged in). The example works fine in Firefox??