3.0 - RequireLogin = true keeps redirecting the app back

Nov 30, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I was am using the 3.0 version of the Toolkit.

The steps are as follows:

1. Browse to the application home page - RequireLogin = false;
  2. Browse to next page - RequireLogin = true;
  3. App requires acceptance of terms. Click through that page to view the next page.
  4. App redirects back to home page.

If I browse directly to the page where RequireLogin = true it keeps redirecting me back to the home page.

I then reverted to 2.1 of the Toolkit and now everything is as it should be.

Anybody else had this problem?

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Yes, this is a problem that has been reported. I think someone said that downloading the current source, compiling that, and then using those dlls will fix this problem, but I have yet to verify.  Meanwhile the developers have been very quiet.  It is very frustrating.

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I'll give that a go. Thanks for the tip!

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:05 PM

tdubroff:  downloading the 3.0 sdk source and compiling didn't fix the problem. 

2.1 works but 3.0 doesn't.  I've been battling this issue for an entire day thinking I must be doing something wrong.  Very frustrating.

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I've confirmed that downloading the latest source and using that does not fix this problem.  Using an IFrame app, RequireLogin just seems plain broke.

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I am having the same problems and have also compiled and using latest code. 3.0 of the toolkit is really causing me problems. All the hype and "Misrosoft endorsed", it is barely even Beta quality. Developers please help!!

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I still have this issue and i think the app escaping the iframe is related. 

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I confirmed this problem.

It seems that whole toolkit is somehow break.  Especially samples with facebooks templates (deprecated at the time).

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:56 AM
Edited Dec 22, 2009 at 4:08 AM

uhmm i hope this might help some of you using Iframe.. but what i use is this:

<%@ Register Assembly="Facebook.Web" Namespace="Facebook.Web" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

<cc1:CanvasIFrameLoginControl ID="CanvasFBMLLoginControl1" runat="server" ApiKey=ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["APIKey"] Secret=ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["Secret"] />

i just place that in a page where user being logged-in is required.