Stream.Publish() giving error 210 randomly

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I'm trying to use the Stream.Publish() method to publish feeds in my Facebook iframe canvas app and sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.  The app makes sure that the users gives the app the "publish_stream" extended permission before they can view it.  There is no pattern to the error, at one point it works for a user posting to a certain friend's wall, at the next minute the same exact user posting to the same friend's wall gives the error: "210 User not visible".  The Facebook developer wiki explains this error as "The user doesn't have permission to act on that object.", but I'm 100% sure that they do.  The weird thing is that once this happens it seems they can make no more posts through the app, even on their own wall.

One thing to note is that it gives them a list of all their friends and lets them select as many as they want.  It then will use Stream.Publish() separately for each friend on the server side, so I'm wondering if Facebook thinks it's some spamming bot or something.  I don't know any other way to publish the stream to multiple users, I need the features of Stream.Publish because it puts a flash attachment on the post.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Have you seen this post: