The type or namespace name 'facebook' could not be found

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Hi,

I downloaded the facebook toolkit last version (2.1) and I am working with Visual Studio 2008 / framework 3.5; I created an app in Facebook and also I created my website in VS using the Facebook Starter kit v2.1 template; I updated the web.config with the api and secure key's from facebook; the app successfully build but when I try to run it, I get the message "The type or namespace name 'facebook' could not be found" in the facebook environment but the references to the libraries are in their place; some help you can give me will be so appreciated,

Thanks

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM

latest version is 3.01

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Hey patja,

Thanks for your answer, I download this last version and started a new web app in Visual Studio 2008 referencing the facebook libraries; I updated the web.config with keys from my Facebook app but when I try to run my app, I get the same message in the facebook environment

Compile error message: CS0246: The type or namespace name "Facebook" could not be found but the build is succesfully

Any ideas? thanks in advance for your help

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Fixed, I only needed to create the App folder in IIS in order to get the virtual directory